- portable housing made of aluminium profiles and plexiglass
- ntegrated, ventilation-supported temperature controller to ensure that the required EN test temperature of 23 °C ±1 °C is maintained at normal ambient temperature using a heater (300 W) and a Peltier cooler (>100 W)
- integrated pump with a volumetric flow meter and controller for drawing in ambient air through a commercially-available combination filter (gas- and particulate filter)
- Permeation cell according to EN 16523-1 (replaces EN374-3)
- Compensation vessel for removing the tested air stream
- Technical specifications: 230 V, weight: approx.13 kg
- Dimensions: Height = 365 mm (460 mm with filter!), width = 450 mm, depth = 300 - 375 mm
The measurement is done in a temperature-controlled permeation measurement cell according to EN 16523-1 (replaces EN374-3). The sample is held in the measurement cell and the test substances acts on the front side. Purified ambient air passes through the measurement space on the back side, with some of the air being routed to a suitable detector (such as a PID**) for concentration measurement. The record of the detector signal provides the permeation curve of the material-chemical pair under investigation, and facilitates the determination of the permeation rate. The equipment was developed specifically for testing chemical safety glove and chemical safety clothing materials for chemical permeability.